Terms and Conditions
- Taekwondo Data is an online database which contains the results and nominations of competitors and national coaches from all member nations of the World Taekwondo Federation (WTF). This information can be viewed over the internet. The use of the TaekwondoD ata is subject to the following terms and conditions.
- The operators of the online database TaekwondoData are Mr. Peter Bolz, from Pullach, Germany, Marius Mühlberger from Halblech, Germany, and Georg Streif from Marktoberdorf, Germany, (further referred to as the Operators).
- The user has the possibility, following entry, to access the database at anytime.
- The Operators will prepare and update the database with the greatest care and attention possible. However it must be stated that the TaekwondoData does not act as a complete collection. Results will be frequently updated.
- Entry to the database
- Access to the database is password protected following the entry of a username and a designated user password. Once the user has confirmed their email address, access to log on to the database is possible at anytime.
- The user is responsible for the original connection to TaekwondoData via the internet from their own computer. TaekwondoData is not responsible for any incurring costs or obligations.
- The database is available 24 hours daily. However, availability could be limited by necessary updates and technical changes. TaekwondoData will ensure all efforts are made to keep this period as short as possible.
- The scope of service may be changed at any time without notification.
- The database can be used by anyone with a valid email address and a self chosen, registered password. The user is able change this password at anytime.
- The email address and password must be kept so that it is not possible for it to be unlawfully used by any unauthorized third party. The Operators bear no liability in the case of unlawful use.
- The users email address will be used solely for internal purposes and will not be passed on to any other company or institution.
- The Operator is able to suspend users for important reasons at any time. A important reason is for example the abuse of the database, the attempt to use services for free which would need points in a regular case of use, or the violation of this terms and conditions. A posiible existing balance will not be refund in that case.
- Points system
- Use of the database TaekwondoData requires points. Points can be purchased or credited by other users.
- The users current points standing will be shown in every account.
- For each record (athlete, tournament result, etc.) called up or viewed on the database, one point will be deducted. So long as the user remains logged in, it is possible to view this record without further points being deducted. The user will be logged of after 24 hours. Due to technical reasons the user will automatically get logged of, if he does not execute any query on the database for several hours.
- The operators are not responsible for connection breakdowns of the user and the resulting log off.
- Credited points can be transferred to other registered email addresses. However, free of charge points made available by the operators and non-transferable.
- Prices and validity of points
- Point prices currently amount to:
- 10 Euros for 750 points (standard)
- 18 Euros for 1,500 points (premium)
- 30 Euros for 3,000 points (club / institution)
All points can be credited at any time to another registered user.
- Purchased or credited points are valid for one year. Following the 12 month period all unused points will automatically expire. Validity is not extended through transfer.
- Prices may be changed at any time without notification, already purchased points will not be affected.
- Points will not be buyed back.
- Point prices currently amount to:
- Notification of cancellation is not required. Each registered account remains active until it is ordered to be deleted.
- Once an account has been deleted a renewed registration is possible at anytime.
- Liability and guarantee
- The Operator takes no responsibility for interference of availability of the database, so long that it is not an intentional or gross negligent behaviour on the part of the Operators. The Operator takes no responsibility in the case that the interference lies out of the Operators control.
- Any liability is restricted to the amount according to the value of the points in the users account.
- The operator reserves the right either to pay back points or to extend validity if the service is down for are long time (more than 96 hours).
- Copyright; Entry data
- The online database is subject to the protection of copyright laws.
- The Operator allows the user a simple, non-exclusive right to use the database TaekwondoData. The user has the right to call up the saved information from within the database for their own use. The user has the right to view the contents on screen and to print out the information for their own use. Excessive use, specifically regarding multiple duplication of copies, is only allowed for the users own purpose. Any excessive use of this kind requires the prior written permission of the Operators. Further use of photographs from the database is also only allowed following prior written permission from the Operators.
- The entry data is to be withheld from third parties. The password should be protected to exclude the possibility of misuse by an unauthorized third party.
- The user is particularly not permitted to utilise the database to create an own database, whether that be electronic or of any other form. Not included in the impermissible duplication acts is the electronic storage, be it permanent or temporarily, of parts of the database, so long that this is in accordance with the contract terms. The legal rights of the user, in accordance with §87c UrhG remain unaffected.
- Provided the user / consumer is within §13BGB, he has the right to give notice following the purchase of TaekwondoData points up to 2 weeks after their receipt.
- The consumer, in accordance with §BGB, is each natural person that undertakes an order for a purpose other than to account it to their business or independent professional activities.
- A withdrawal need not contain a reason. It must, however, be received in a written text form )e.g. letter, fax, email).
- The withdrawal period begins following the receipt of the withdrawal instructions. To realise this period in full a punctual sending of the notice is required.
- The withdrawal notice should be directed to the following address:
- In case of an effective withdrawal, the Operators are obliged to refund the amount paid in by the user.
- So long as the user continues to use TaekwondoData, a withdrawal is invalid.
- Final points
- In the case of a continued dispute resulting from the contract terms and conditions, German law will apply.
- Legal court location, where legally permissible will be in Munich, Germany.
- In the case that certain points of the user terms and conditions could become ineffective, the validity of the remaining conditions remain unaffected.
Terms and conditions dated 04.08.2008